Friday, July 4, 2008

$83 for a Popcorn Kernal

Could you have read that right? Did I actually spend $83 for ONE popcorn kernel? Well as a matter fact I did spend $83 for a popcorn kernel today. Thankfully this is a rather easy story to tell. On Sunday Heidi shoved a popcorn kernel up her nose, Monday an ER doc spent a whole 30 seconds looking for it (not an exaggeration) and quickly stated that it would come out eventually. So today we took Bethany to see an Ear Nose Throat guy (everything checked out fine) and at the end of the appointment I asked the Doc about the kernel up the nose and thought it best to get the kernel out. Well, it took myself a nurse and another Doc to hold her still while the kernel was extracted. Too bad I didn't have a camera cause you should have seen the size of this sucker. The kernel had expanded and split and to be frank, I am surprised it wasn't sprouting yet. Since we were there for Bethany and Heidi didn't have a referral we had to pay for the popcorn out of pocket. There goes $83 that Orville will never see.....(or smell?)

0 comments: