Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Did It!!

I am not trying to brag (maybe just a little though), but I have finally finished my college degree!! It is still kind of surreal and hard to believe. I look back truly amazed at where I started and now where I am. I came into the Air Force June 3, 2003 with 3 credit hours. For the next 18 months I was immersed in AF training and was not even allowed to take a college class until I was fully qualified in my job. The week after I became qualified I signed up for classes, this was January 2005.

Since then, I have had two children, a tour in Iraq, completed an Associates Degree, lost 40 pounds, have gone TDY three times for weeks at a time, attended a three month leadership course, served in the Elders Quorum presidency, became an NCO and performed my normal duties while receiving high marks on all of my performance reviews.

For the first time in years, I can play a video game or watch a movie without feeling bad about a paper I have to write. Once again I say this not to brag, but to emphasize that if you want something bad enough, anything is possible.

1 comments:

JoAnn said...

I always knew you could do whatever you set your mind to - AND YOU DID!!!!! Play away Jake!