Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Good, the Bad...and the Ugly......

So....Thanksgiving came and went.....Well, lets be honest here. I have had almost a week of pretty much eating whatever the heck I want! I have been bad about logging stuff, which is just bad! So, we will see what happens. I am still glad that I have joined Weight Watchers and I am glad that I joined right when the holidays have hit, otherwise I am sure I would have done a lot more damage! I have to remember that I have put this weight on over time, and in return, will take some time taking it back off.
This was the first Thanksgiving that I have actually made ALL of Thanksgiving dinner. I was up till 3am on Thanksgiving morning making homemade pies, rolls, and a fruit salad!  Went to bed around 3:30am and woke up at 6am to put the turkey in. Went back to bed around 6:30 and slept until about 8am when I was awoken to a phone call......
A little background first before I can continue on with my story:
During my first weigh in and meeting at Weight Watchers I had seen this very big young girl who had looked like she was about to cry.  I approached her and said, "Honey, do you need a hug?" She nodded her head and started to cry while I was hugging her. Meet Khendra. She is 21 years old, 5'2, and when she started (she is just a week ahead of me when I started...) she was about 420 lbs! I had given her my cell number that first meeting and told her if she ever needed someone to talk with about ANYTHING, to give me a call. She has called and text me in the past, I have kind of become a big sister of sorts.
So....back to the story. The phone rings on Thanksgiving morning and Khendra calls me at about 8am, in tears!  In a nutshell, she was interested in a guy, the guy had some other woman call Khendra, telling Khendra that it was his mom and telling Khendra that the guy had gotten into an accident. So what does my new found friend who likes a guy do?....she gets into her car, spends $50 on gas, travels about an hour each way to see this guy at the hospital. Come to find out the guy wasn't in an accident and just played a really mean trick on Khendra.  Is that rude and cruel or what?  So this poor girl calls me up to vent and I try to mend this poor girls heart!  The next thing I know, I am telling this girl how hard it is to be the age that she is in, and how having a broken heart is just part of life- to help us how to learn, grow and progress in life.  The next thing I know, I am teaching this girl how to pray and teach her the true order of prayer: Addressing Father in Heaven, thank him for things, ask him for things you may need or want, and then ending in the name of Jesus Christ. I am curious to see if she has been praying more, and I truly do hope she will learn things about herself and become strong and stick to Weight Watchers so she can gain more of her life back. I will see what happens.

0 comments: