Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

So 2008 is behind us.....finally. Thank goodness, 2008 was pretty crappy. I'm not even to sure why it was crappy, it just was. I'm sure a lot of it stems from school, I've been going to school for so long and knew that I wasn't going to graduate until 2009. The feeling that 2009 was never going to come and with it my college degree, is no longer present. So let us press on, make those resolutions and see what this year holds.


On a different note, I just thought I'd share what we did today. We went to go see Marley & Me and for the first time we almost made it all the way to the end of the movie. We did see the ending, but we were standing up on the side holding the girls trying to keep them quiet. The trick was one of the kids falling asleep after the start of the movie and making sure the other kid had a large popcorn and a bag of Sour Patch Kids. Overall, the movie was enjoyable and of course made us reflect on Duffie. I have never fought with an animal (or human for that matter) so much but we sure did love that mangy dog. I think Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he created dogs and their ability to love unconditionally.

1 comments:

thepennells said...

2008 was good because Lauren was born. However, relatives kept dying. My great-grandfather on my Dad's side and my grandmother on my Mom's side died within two months of each other. I chipped a tooth too, thanks to the Air Force. That was another thing against 2008, and Obama was elected president. Other than Obama taking office in 2009, the year should be pretty good.
-Jon