Saturday, June 14, 2008

Any Advice?

So today I had a new and exciting experience as a parent. This afternoon as we were getting ready to leave I had given the girls some of those small, red decorative cinnamon candies. Well the phone was ringing and as I was trying to answer the phone Bethany was freaking out, and not just her normal freakin. I quickly hang up the phone and after a quick Sherlock Holmes I asked Bethany if she put the candy up her nose. She responded through tears by nodding her head up and down. Unable to see the candy I calmly proceeded to get the girls in the car to head down to the hospital to get the candy sucked out of her nose. Needless to say, while in the process I attempted to call tricare to see if I needed authorization, because knowing my luck I'd get stuck with a stupid bill because I didn't call. The ever so helpful tricare is nowhere to be found on a Saturday and as I was silently grumbling Bethany comes up to me happy as could be. I asked her if the candy came out and she nodded again, and just to prove it she opened her mouth and showed me the candy that she was eating. That was gross. I guess she managed to suck it up through her nose, perhaps we have a new "Stupid Human Trick."

0 comments: