Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Naughty/Nice Christmas Songs

As I drive I enjoy listening to Christmas music on my satellite radio. Doing so I have discovered a couple of things. First, we (meaning the population of the world, except Denmark, they don't count) really need some new Christmas songs. Honestly, how many different versions of Winter Wonderland are their? Second, some singers should never have attempted to sing Christmas songs. So below are some singers that I think should have never attempted to sing Christmas songs and some artists I think do a pretty good job.

The Naughty List:

  1. Elvis
  2. Harry Belafonte (and I am not joking about this, his version of the 12 days of x-mas is horrible)
  3. Ray Charles
  4. Perry Como
  5. Anybody who has ever appeared on Lawarence Welk
  6. Natalie Cole

I'm sure more will come

The Nice List:

  1. Bing Crosby
  2. Harry Connick Jr.
  3. Dean Martin
  4. Barenaked Ladies (Ironic I know)
  5. Sarah Mclachlan
  6. Nat King Cole
  7. The Boston Pops

If you have any suggestions please let me know

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with Perry Como??

http://www.imtga.com/birthday%20party/music/Perry%20Como%20-%20Christmas%20Dream.mp3

Anonymous said...

And c'mon!! This is classic!

http://www.notquiteroyal.net/catalogueofsenses/thescentofsatisfaction/prettylittlebow/Elvis%20Presley%20-%20Blue%20Christmas.mp3

And Harry?? I hear his songs in the grocery store all the time...next to Britney Spears... ;)

Anonymous said...

This should go on the naughty list too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymb24kclXQ

JoAnn said...

Naughty - Andy Griffith and Neil Diamond

JoAnn said...

I think you would be disappointed if I didn't say, "Disgusting picture."