Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Boyhood Dream Realized

Within the last week I have seen two childhood dreams come to fruition. First I purchased a handgun. Even though I haven't had a chance to go shooting yet I am really happy with the fact I have a gun. And now today another dream has come true. Katie located a guy selling a riding mower on Craigslist for a pretty good price. We managed to get $200 bucks knocked off the price so this morning we drove to Tallahassee and picked the mower up. I must say for the price and condition of the mower we got a pretty good deal. I am just excited about not having to use a push mower to mow an acre. I thought that it was going to be fun mowing the lawn with Bethany or Heidi on my lap but shortly after getting home, when test driving, I learned Bethany is deathly afraid of the mower when it is running. I suppose that is a good thing. Of course, I'd be remiss not to mention our journey home from Tallahassee. About 40 miles out on a small winding road I hear a weird noise coming from the seat behind me, almost like a sippy cup spilling. However, the sippy cup was intact and in fact the noise was Bethany puking. We stop on the side of the road in front of somebody's house and got Bethany all fixed. I could not help but think that Karma sucks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! We've had a puking princess recently too so I feel your pain on that one.

And when we visit can I drive your mower?
--Penny