Friday, May 2, 2008

Week 1 in the Bag....Almost

The end of week one here at Nellis AFB is almost done. This last week has been pretty long and annoying. Not to go into to much detail but the supervision running the show here are working us pretty hard, and I use the term "Working" rather liberally. To put it in perspective, we are working longer hours here, with less jets, then when we were in Iraq. Not to mention the jets aren't even having as many problems as in Iraq. So there, I have officially vented.

On another topic, seeing all the jets here has been really cool. The F-22 is one mean looking aircraft. What gets frustrating for me is the little boy inside of me. Standing next to a jet as it launches makes me really jealous that I don't get to fly one. Last night a pilot taxied down the taxiway but had to come back due to his canopy not locking in. After trying to troubleshoot the jet they had to shut down the plane and cancel his flight. Well, I got to help trouble shoot the jet by sitting in the cockpit and lowering and raising the canopy. When the canopy was closed I had to try my hardest not to grab the stick and make machine gun noises. And I don't care who you are, any guy that sits in the cockpit would have been tempted to do the same.

1 comments:

Kathleen Jones said...

That is so awesome! I don't want to fly one, but I am jelous you got to sit in one.