Thursday, March 20, 2008

Say Hello to the Sleeziel

So with only the Durango we knew that something had to change. Since the Durango is paid off I'm not about to get rid of it and get upside down in another loan. Not having a car payment is fantastic. So I have a friend is kindof crazy when it comes to VW's. We went to his house for New Years and me and another guy were looking at one of his cars and both of us were dropping hints about wanting to buy it. Well my friend gets funny when it comes to selling his cars so nothing really came of it. Until a few weeks ago I came across a classified online for his little car. Long story short for the amount of one durango payment I am the proud owner of the "Sleeziel". We call her the Sleeziel since it's pretty sleezy and a diesel. I know, not the most original.

So she may not be pretty or like starting in the cold but I'll be darn if it doesn't get 40 MPG. At $3.99 a gallon for diesel I can still completely gas up for $40. I can tell that most people are really impressed by the car because whenever I go anywhere everyone stops and stares. They point and whisper in hushed tones. Bottom line I'm having a great time with the sleeziel!

3 comments:

Penny said...

Holy cow. They make diesels that small?? Is that window duct taped??

Penny said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

JoAnn said...

I am so jealous! I was hoping to have the oldest car in the family -after Stu's dies.