Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Trying to Teach My Kids the Old Fashion Way


Living in the south we are subject to many scary things. Scary things such as boiled peanuts, my neighbors and fire ants. Fire ants are especially prevalent around my house. Our backyard is completely fenced in and the girls just love going out there. However, the girls are not always fond of shoes. We try and try but Bethany always takes hers off while Heidi takes both shoes and socks off then puts just one shoe back on. With the winter ending the fire ants are starting to come back. Well at first I was absolutely paranoid about the girls being back there. But the girls are completely unafraid of the stupid ants. I thought that after getting bit (quite frequently I might add) they would develop a fear. Nope, I was wrong. Bethany has gone from merely kicking the ant hill to actually picking up pieces of dirt from the ant hill in her hand.

I guess we'll just have to keep working with the girls and hope there is nothing more sinister back there.

0 comments: