Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cops are Driving Me Nuts


I have never gotten a speeding ticket and up until now have been stopped by the cops twice in my lifetime (three times if you count getting stopped on a waverunner). Well about a month or two ago coming home from a pizza run I get pulled over. I panic because I have no idea why I'm getting pulled over. If I had been speeding at least I might have known what to worry about, but I never speed on these back roads. The cop says I was doing 70 in a 55 which is bogus because I honest to goodness never speed. Honestly. The cop doesn't even ask for insurance and registration, just my license. No warning, just tells me to go slower.

Then last night, after coming home from hanging out with some friends we get stopped at the same intersection as before with some giant checkpoint. In the middle of nowhere there are 8 cop cars and who knows how many cops checking license, insurance and registration. No big deal, just kind of weird.

Now tonight, coming home from visiting the exact same friends we get stopped again. At first I was wondering what the jerk was doing cause he was on me like a hemorroid (it was dark and I couldn't tell that it was a cop). So he gives me a warning because my tail light was out. My goodness, these cops must really be bored.

1 comments:

Penny said...

Maybe you're being racially profiled?? You are kind of dark and could look a little on the "Iraqi" side....